Thursday, January 27, 2011

Evil Neighbor's God

Yesterday as I was packing, moving up and down abouts the condo. I spotted that the evil neighbor's curtain was taken out for a wash (on purpose?).

And for the first time I had a clear view of what was placed in their living room.

The god figure under red spotlight...

neighbor's god


So without a second though, I whipped out my camera and took a photo. You know, for reference. And as proof. Just in case.

Today I booted up my computer and uploaded the photo onto my desktop. On a 21-inch screen, everything became clearer. On closer inspection, it looked sort of like "bao gong" - 包公.

angry god


Now I'm not really an expert on gods, Chinese gods in particular. And even though I know 'bao gong' is not technically a god, but a noble judge in the Ming Dynasty. However that doesn't stop people from praying to his statue.

But for what I know the 'bao gong' I always knew sort of look like this, sitting patiently with both arms on thighs.

Like this.


'bao gong' image obtained from google.


Does anyone know what god this is then?

angry god


On a bigger perspective, none of these details matter really. Whatever he's praying to, or believe in, it made him a very very angry person. (Read here if you don't understand what I'm talking about here)

So angry that he had to resort to exert physical actions on his wife and daugther, and verbal abuse on his neighbors, and of course, setting curses on us. -.-


Oh well, it's one more day before we can finally move everything out.

God bless that evil man. However it turns out for him, and his family.


ps// someone helpfully suggested it's Guang Gong. Wasn't Guang Gong a warlord? Was that why he was so angry? ha ha lame joke nvm me.

No comments:

Post a Comment