Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A week of sin

Click for full feature
Welcome to the menu for Sin Week on the Research Digest blog, which started on 8 February 2011. Each day for Seven days (with a break on Sunday, naturally) we posted a sinful confession by a psychologist; a new sin fit for the twenty-first century; and an evidence-based way to be good. These online festivities coincided with a feature-length article in the latest issue of The Psychologist on the psychology behind the Seven Deadly Sins.

Here's the full menu of Seven confessions:

John Sloboda - my Wrath
Alex Haslam and Steve Reicher - our Envy
Mark Griffiths - my Pride
Jon Sutton - my Sloth
Wray Herbert - my Gluttony
Cordelia Fine - my Greed
Jesse Bering - my Lust

The Seven new sins:

The Seven ways to be good:
Learn healthier habits
Have an energy drink
Use your inner voice
Practise self control
Clench your muscles
Form if-then plans
Distract yourself

Many thanks to our confessors for baring their souls and especially to Jon Sutton for helping put this special feature together.

No comments:

Post a Comment