Friday, October 30, 2009

Focus

"The Jewish leaders were infuriated by Stephen's accusation, and they shook their fists in rage. But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed steadily upward into heaven and saw the glory of God, and he saw Jesus standing in the place of honor at God's right hand. And he told them, "Look, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing in the place of honor at God's right hand!" Then they put their hands over their ears, and drowning out his voice with their shouts, they rushed at him. They dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. The official witnesses took off their coats and laid them at the feet of a young man named Saul. And as they stoned him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." And he fell to his knees, shouting, "Lord, don't charge them with this sin!" And with that, he died." -- Acts 7:54-60, NLT

When God leads me to the same scripture through multiple channels in the same week I take notice. What is God saying? I believe He is saying, "keep your FOCUS" -- No matter what others are doing or saying; no matter what difficulties are "shaking their fists in rage"; no matter who is casting stones, be filled with the Holy Spirit and keep your gaze toward heaven. In fact Stephen hardly noticed the shouts of the crowd because he only had eyes for God, whom he saw in all his glory with Jesus standing at his side" (v. 55, The Message).

Today's prayer: "God, help me keep my focus. Let me see your glory. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment