Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Preview: Dan Messore Indigo Kid Album Launch at 606


Guitarist Dan Messore writes:

Iain Ballamy and I first met when I was completing my MA at the Royal Welsh College Of Music and Drama in Cardiff. After getting on and playing and discussing music, Iain came and sat in with a band of mine on a couple of occasions at Dempseys. He showed interest in my playing approach and compositions and so we decided to record.

It was, and still is, a huge honour and learning experience for me. We recorded my original compositions with Iain producing and arranging the record which came to be "Indigo Kid".

Having the respect and backing of a player and visionary such as Iain has helped me focus and be confident in my own musical vision. I've since gone on to record my quintet "Lacuna" with the brilliant Steve Waterman on trumpet and Lee Goodall on flute and sax. I also run my trio "Trust Trio" with Aidan Thorne and Mark O'Connor on bass and drums. We were joined on the album by Tim Harries and Gethin Jones on bass and drums, both of whom add beautifully to the ideology of the album.

Indigo Kid is released on Babel, with a launch at the 606 on Thurs 2nd June.

www.danmessore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment