Monday, July 13, 2009

H1N1 Fear of Flight

Last year, I bought three flight tickets for me to travel in July, 2009.

One from KL to Tawau, which was meant to be my second dive trip to Sipadan.

Next is a flight from Kota Kinabalu to Manila (I meant to travel from Tawau to KK after my dive trip), Philippines, the only prominent east Asia country that I have yet to step foot on, and was meant to spend at least two weeks in the country. And finally a flight from Clark, Philippines back to KL.

So was the plan.

I even bought my Lonely Planet months ago for this trip.

philippines lonely planet


It was going to be an exciting, yet another, backpacking journey full of adventure for me.


But.. alas....

cancelled philippines trip


The trip has now been cancelled (by me). T_T


The thing is..... I have fear. Not of flight, but of the quarantine of H1N1 rule in every country.

You see, on my third day of diving, I came down with a mild fever, sore throat and cough. Though obviously not H1N1, but was because of too much sea water and exhausted myself from too much diving (9 consecutive dives back to back for 3 days),

I have fear that, the moment I landed in the country of many islands and pirates (I made this up btw), I might get quarantined due to my higher body temperature, which was most likely get detected by one of those thermo screening devices.


Also, I was homesick (you know how it is when you fall sick). I forfeited all my flights to and from Philippines.

So now, I am back in KL.


Oh... I got a tan.

Not just any tan.

A wet suit tan. T_T

wet suit tan
Like my japanese bun or not? :D


Now I feel like I'm wearing a pair of gloves all the time. Y_Y

No comments:

Post a Comment